yOU cAN'T mAKE tHIS sHIT uP

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I admit, I was a wee bit jealous

Last night the hubby and I were watching tv and in one of the scenes there was a woman scantily clad wearing a feather boa. My husband made this gutteral moan/squeak when he saw her and I swear my world came to an end. I sat there frozen in the chair, crying inside, jealous, upset, ashamed and picking apart my own appearance. What did he see in her? Wasn't I pretty enough? Didn't he think I was sexy? Was all his kind words nothing but lies?

Brokenhearted, I sat there thinking how bad he must feel when I ooooooouh and aweeeeeeee about Kevin and I vow to myself that I never ever ever never ever ever comment on how cute Kevin is, how funny he is etc etc ever again.

Finally, after about 10 minutes of sulking, I tell him that I felt bad and I'm sorry for saying some other guy was hot in front of him and I tell him I don't want to know if he thinks a girl is pretty or sexy or whatever.

My husband laughs at me. He points and laughs at me. Can you imagine? When he saw the feather boa, he thought it was a furry white dog. I had not heard him say, "Oh a little dog." My heart was pounding in my ears okay, it was an honest mistake.

Actually, I had heard him say it, I was just so insecure I made up a whole new scenario in my little pea brain. I can't believe I do that to myself. Stupid, stupid girl!